Sunday, September 16, 2007

Britney Spears, VMA's and Fans

For future reference, I promise this blog isn't all about Britney's Spears, and I know that there are others celebrities out there. Britney is just a hot topic right now and she's fun to write about, so I thought I'll get her out of the way.

The VMA's was a chance for Britney Spears to make a comeback. It was a chance for her to take all of the media's cruel ridicule and harassment and toss it back in their faces. Well, we all know the outcome of that event.

Britney didn't wow us. In fact she actually succeeded in humiliating herself more than anyone thought was possible.

My question? Why did they let her perform? I know she has a album she's trying to promote, but they knew that she wasn't mentally stable at the time.

Now I know it's not only the producers fault. Britney, while she may not act like it at times, is a grown woman. She makes her own decisions, but we all know they're not always wise. For instance, partying until 4 a.m. in the morning before the big event (not so smart Britney).

But even with that in mind, did no one keep tabs on her?

Even though Britney's performance at the VMA awards wasn't at all professional, I believe we should cut her some slack. I mean the girls a wreck. She's went through a pretty nasty divorce and is still debating custody rights of her children. She obviously isn't handling it well.

People fall apart sometimes, and it's pretty sad to watch. And to all the celebrities out there who dissed her and belittled her performance (as amusing as they were), just watch. In a couple of months that will be you.

Maybe I'm just being cynical. Who knows. I do know that not many people are standing up for her. In my last blog post I said that I didn't really like her at a child (actually I kind of despised her), but now I'm feeling a little empathy for the poor child.

And with that, I'll leave you all with an amusing (and slightly bizarre) video clip of a dedicated Britney Spears fan.



So what are your thoughts on Britney's performance and her life in general?

4 comments:

carolina magic said...

What a whiner on the video.

Spears blew it, apparently, on that show (which I did not see).

J-Lo would have been a better performer, I'm sure.

I like J-Lo.

Deni said...

That video is pretty funny.

I agree, I think Britney blew it. Her publicist can make any excuse she wants to, but bottom line is, she was out partying too much the night before and preparing too little.

I still hope she gets through this, but it appears to me that a bunch of changes will have to be made in order to do so.

MJ said...

I'm sure the ONLY reason MTV did let her go on was because they knew that, no matter what she did, she'd get publicity. And you know what they say: "the only bad publicity is no publicity."

Inspirekea said...

All I can say is the performance was memorable but I'm tired of people saying she was fat....Isn't that how a normal person looks?